Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Home cooked Vermont Breakfast!

Good Morning Friends!

Oh, I'm sitting here blogging as we get feet of snow!  Well, at least a foot - possibly a food and a half... Look!

This was about 8:30am - and last night, we could see the ground!  Its 3 hours later, and the snow is still coming down - a terrific day-before-spring in West Dover Vermont!! 

So what better time to build a fire, make some comfort food and bundle in for the day!

So,  here is my recipe for Cinnamon Raisin Bread French Toast:

Ingredients needed:

Three eggs
A splash of Milk
A larger splash of Vanilla
Cinnamon (to taste...I do about four to five shakes)

Cinnamon Raisin Bread (this one came in a round, so I cut big slices and then halved them to fit the pan).

Beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and Cinnamon - while you heat some butter in a pan.

Soak the bread into the egg mixture - about 20 seconds per side

and place into the hot pan


Cook on each side for about 3 - 4 minutes, or until golden brown


Serve with a touch of butter on top - and some real Vermont Maple Syrup....


And ENJOY!!

It really was worth getting the Cinnamon Raisin Bread...I'd recommend getting it fresh from the Bakery, however I have tried it with the name brand breads sold in stores... it turns out good, but I like to be able to have thicker slices so the bread doesn't fall apart!

OK - enough blogging for today.  I have games to beat Dave in... Backgammon, Mexican Train and Yahtzee!!

Until Next Time...
EAT

No comments:

Post a Comment